"Keep Awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."
| Sunday Worship: ........
||8am & 9am
| Sunday School: ...........
||Rev. Joanne A. Bond
| Church Office:
| Preschool Director:
| Preschool Office Phone:
The Week at a Glance:
Transfiguration of Our Lord
"Soup"-er Bowl Sunday
8am & 9am
Sunday School in Church w/Family
Ice Cream Social
Drop off last year's palms
Feeding the Flock
Ash Wednesday Service
"Hang Out" Time
Bell Choir rehearsal
Ash Wednesday Service
Choir rehearsal (adult/teen)
8am & 9am - Eucharist|
9am - Sunday School in Church w/Family
Mark your calendars !
- Feb. 7th - Scout Sunday annual celebration. All participants, youth and adult,
past and present, are encouraged to wear their uniform, sash etc. to show their involvement
in the group and to be recognized in our congregation. If any Scouts would like to help
serve (lector, usher, etc.) this day, please contact Steve Beck at Church or call the
Church office 661–7245.
- Feb. 7th - Soup-er Bowl Sunday Please bring in your favorite soup or meal in a
can for our food pantry.
- Feb. 7th - Ice Cream Social Come and join us for a bowl of Ice Cream with extra helpings
of hospitality. Bring your favorite board game and let's have some fun together!
- Feb. 9th - Palm Branches will be burned for use on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 10th. We will be
collecting branches from last year. If you have some, please drop them off at Church. Thank you!
- March 6th - Blood Drive Give the Gift of Life. Please sign up for the Blood Drive.
- Craft Group starting: The Evangelism Committee is starting up a Craft Group
(sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc.) that will meet at Church on a monthly basis.
If you are interested in joining the Craft Group, please call Church Office.
- Calendars for 2016 are available on the shelf in the hallway compliments of
Bruce Lorenz of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
- Preschool Full Day Sessions are available as we are a NYS Office of Children and
Family Services licensed facility. Please contact the Preschool office for details.
- Preschool Help Wanted We are currently looking for loving, dedicated individuals
to work with the children in our preschool in the morning and afternoon session as a
substitute Teacher. If interested in working with the children please send your resume
to Debbie Beck, Preschool Director.
- Crosswords Article Submissions are due on the 15th of every month.
- Coffee Hours Need Sponsors Can You Help? You may celebrate an occasion (birthday,
anniversary, etc.) or just supply the cake, cookies, juice & assist with set-up or
clean - up. We have openings on our calendar & can use your help. Contact Debbie
Goodwin from Parish Fellowship with any questions or to set up your coffee hour dates.
Pastoral Requests: If you become hospitalized or are having a surgical procedure,
please inform the church office so that your name may be included in the prayers of the church,
and so that we may visit you to bring comfort and/or Holy Comunion.
(c) 2016 Cross of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Last modified Monday, February 8th, 2016 @ 07:55am
Questions, suggestions or content regarding this site, may be sent to the