"Keep Awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."
| Sunday Worship: ........
||8am & 9am
| Sunday School: ...........
||Rev. Joanne A. Bond
| Church Office:
| Preschool Director:
| Preschool Office Phone:
The Week at a Glance:
8am & 9am
Children in Church w/Family
No Sunday School
1st Softball Playoff Game
2nd Softball Playoff Game (if we win 1st)
No Bible Study
No Food Pantry
No Feeding the Flock
No Bell Choir rehearsal
No Choir rehearsal
Tai Chi class
8am & 9am - Eucharist|
9am - Children come to Church w/Family
No Sunday School
No Coffee Hour
Mark your calendars !
- Wednesdays: Jul 5th - Aug 30th Bible Study at the Beach at Sunken Meadow
State Park. 9:30am Holy Communion, 10am Bible Study. Gather at the boardwalk
pavilion for worship and prayer, Bible study and conversation. This year's Bible
study takes its theme from the Protestant Reformation as we commemorate the
500th anniversary for Martin Luther's posting of The 95 Theses at
Wittenberg in 1517. Bring your own chair and Bible!
- Aug 30th - Choir Practice resumes at 8pm Wednesdays. Would you like to use the
gift God gave you by singing with the choir? Come join us and Make a Joyful Noise!
- Sep 6th - Bell Choir Practice resumes at 7pm Wednesdays. We're always looking
for new ringers. Even if you have never played bells before consider giving it a try.
You'll find it's lots of fun!
- Sep 10th - Sunday School resumes.
- Sep 12th - Feeding the Flock resumes operation after a brief summer rest.
If you would like to lend a helping hand with any of the tasks that get done
throughout the day, please contact Pastor Bond or the Church Office.
- Sep 17th - Rally Round the Cross Following 9am Worship Service and
Sunday School (10:15am).
- The Food Pantry Is currently in need of canned fruit, shelf stable
milk (Parmalat) small jars of mayonnaise and cereal. And is always in need
of the following items: soup, canned vegetables (peas, carrots, mixed),
canned fruit, shelf stable milk (such as Parmalat), pasta sauce, peanut butter,
jelly, chunky style soup, cereal, and canned tuna. Thank you - Social Ministry.
- Feeding the Flock has been serving our community for over 20 years
now. It takes many hands to complete this task each week. There are a
number of different jobs at different times throughout the day. Please contact
Pastor Bond at the church office if you would like to get involved in our soup
kitchen. We can use your help.
- Preschool Registration for the 2017-2018 School year is under way. Stop by
the Preschool for an application. Full Day Sessions are available as we are a NYS
Office of Children and Family Services licensed facility.
- Preschool Help Wanted We are currently looking for loving, dedicated individuals
to work with the children in our preschool in the morning and afternoon session as a
substitute Teacher. If interested in working with the children please send your resume
to Allison Marinos at the Preschool office.
- Prime Timers meet every Wed at noon. All 50+ are welcome to join.
- Crosswords Article Submissions are due on the 15th of every month.
- Calendars for 2017 are available on the shelf in the hallway compliments of
Bruce Lorenz of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
Pastoral Requests: If you become hospitalized or are having a surgical procedure,
please inform the church office so that your name may be included in the prayers of the church,
and so that we may visit you to bring comfort and/or Holy Comunion.
(c) 2017 Cross of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Last modified Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 @ 10:08pm
Questions, suggestions or content regarding this site, may be sent to the