"Keep Awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."
| Sunday Worship: ........
||8am & 9am
| Sunday School: ...........
| Senior Worship: ..........
||11am - 2nd Sun. of the Month
||Rev. Joanne A. Bond
| Church Office:
| Preschool Director:
| Preschool Office Phone:
The Week at a Glance:
2nd Sunday of Advent
8am & 9am
Sunday School in Church w/Family
Children's Choir Rehersal
Basketball Home Games 2:15, 3:30, 4:45 & 6pm
No Bible Study
Feeding the Flock
"Hang Out" Time
Bell Choir rehearsal
Choir rehearsal (adult/teen)
Tai Chi class
3rd Sunday in Advent
8am & 9am - Eucharist|
9am - Sunday School in Church w/Family
11am - Senior Worship
11am - Jr./Int. LYO Party
Mark your calendars !
- Basketball League Sign-ups are underway. Please contact the Church office or
you can sign up online at
- Oct 14th thru Dec - T'ai Chi Classes at 7pm-8pm in the gym. See the bulletin or contact
the Church office for details. There are 6 classes over the next 3 months.(participation fee)
- A Christmas Toy Drive is being held for the boys & girls of The Mercy Inn at Trinity
Lutheran Church in Wyandanch. Please spend $15 - $20 on a new unwrapped toy for a child
between 1 – 13 years of age which can be placed under the plywood tree in the hallway.
Thank you for your generosity.
- Dec 18th - Decorating Angels needed to assist in decorating the Church for Christmas
Eve services. Starts right after the 9am service. Sign up sheet is in the hallway.
Childcare and lunch will be provided.
- Jan 8th - Sunday School Epiphany Pageant at the 9 a.m. worship service. Rehearsal
will take place Saturday, Jan 7th at 10 a.m. in the sanctuary.
- Calendars for 2017 are available on the shelf in the hallway compliments of
Bruce Lorenz of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
- Holiday Plants: Poinsettia order forms can be found in today’s bulletin.
- Christmas BasketsWith Christmas around the corner, we will be accepting
food donations for Christmas Baskets. Any and all donations are truly appreciated
and greatly needed. Non-perishables can be left in the Pantry. A shopping list is
included in today’s bulletin.
- The Bell Choir is always looking for new ringers. Even if you have never
played bells before consider giving it a try. We rehearse on Wednesday
nights at 7pm. Any questions call Anita.
- Feeding the Flock has been serving our community for over 20 years
now. It takes many hands to complete this task each week. There are a
number of different jobs at different times throughout the day. Please contact
Pastor Bond at the church office if you would like to get involved in our soup
kitchen. We can use your help.
- Preschool Registration for the 2016-2017 School year is still open. Stop by
the Preschool for an application. Full Day Sessions are available as we are a NYS
Office of Children and Family Services licensed facility.
- Preschool Help Wanted We are currently looking for loving, dedicated individuals
to work with the children in our preschool in the morning and afternoon session as a
substitute Teacher. If interested in working with the children please send your resume
to Debbie Beck, Preschool Director.
- Crosswords Article Submissions are due on the 15th of every month.
- Coffee Hours Need Sponsors Can You Help? You may celebrate an occasion (birthday,
anniversary, etc.) or just supply the cake, cookies, juice & assist with set-up or
clean - up. We have openings on our calendar & can use your help. Contact Debbie
Goodwin from Parish Fellowship with any questions or to set up your coffee hour dates.
Pastoral Requests: If you become hospitalized or are having a surgical procedure,
please inform the church office so that your name may be included in the prayers of the church,
and so that we may visit you to bring comfort and/or Holy Comunion.
(c) 2016 Cross of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Last modified Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 @ 06:41pm
Questions, suggestions or content regarding this site, may be sent to the